Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pink cattleya

While waiting for Ace from an errand... I might as well use this moment of silence and nothingness to write about today's lovely cake.

This was ordered in short notice. Hold on... don't shoot just yet. We do accommodate short notice orders as long as it is doable within the time frame and we don't have a neck deep list of cakes to bake. It's nothing personal really.


Ace did the delicate cattleya's while I textured the cake with ruffles. It's supposed to be ombré, but since it is in ivory, you can't see the color vanish that much. To make it even lovelier, I attached pink sugar pearls on the ruffles edges.


Look at the cattleya, very very pretty. I too can make orchids, but not as nice as Ace's. He works on them with utmost patience. If only I had even a fraction of that virtue.


Perched prettily. Sigh!


When working on gum paste flowers, I sometimes wish that we had formal schooling for this. I still feel mediocre as compared to the works of Judy Uson or Ron Ben Israel. Oh my, their flowers are just sooo lovely, seriously... You wouldn't dare eat them. For you might think they are real. Yes, they are that good!

Oops... I hear the car. Ace is back. Enjoy the rest of the weekend folks!

- kit m.

No comments:

Post a Comment