Pages

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Order in the court errr not!

It's been quite sometime that I've written my thoughts. For the past few days, though it's not new, we've been preoccupied with lovely projects, paper works, parent duties and so much more.

And of all craziness, again, as we prepare for this weeks loveliness, I insisted we do an inventory of all of our props, catalog them, check if are they boxed accordingly. Frames in one box, Parisian items in another, same colored lanterns in one, wooden candelabras together and so on and so forth! Yikes!

My grandmother would always remind us the need to take cafe of our investments. Taking care is as important as acquiring them. Right! Right!


I love love the collection above. It came from different places. The white inverted thing which I don't know what it is called came from Torrance. The blue molding given by a friend, the chunky candle balusters from my favorite home store in the motherland, the Eiffel Tower tapered candle holders from Kailua, the large metal thing from Carson, frames from everywhere. Tin boxes from Pearl City, oh and the gramophone which I haven't yet returned to the lovely mermaid. Sigh! Everything right there is close to my heart.



Lanterns of different size, look and feel. My personal favorite as of this moment is the wooden large one. It can double as a bird cage!



Those hurricane candle holders are divine. We forgot to wrap them individually with bubble wrap and as they rubbed each other, it incurred chips and so. Glad that the damage actually made them more rustic, natural... Lovelier! I shudder otherwise.



Most if not all in those box are my swap meet finds. The clock still has it's three dollar tag. Teehee!


How do you put sanity in your belongings? In the past, I had been always a stickler to order but not as I need to be now. Believe me, managing all of these lovely things can be crazy at times, specially when you do an impromptu check and they're scattered like of no value at all. Now, the challenge is up to how long can we maintain our props room's orderliness.

- kit m.

No comments:

Post a Comment