Pages

Friday, February 28, 2014

Summer in February :: Gladys and Erwin

Our month ender comes with a pole shift. A few days before today, it dawned me that the palette we were working on was very Kate Spade-ish. Fuchsia, orange and gold. I did an emergency call to our bride and ask if was she willing to let us play more and infuse black in the palette, and thank heavens she did. And so the mister and I did some brainstorming in the war room slash home office. Believe me, it takes time to come up with something. I don't mind the craziness that comes with it. It just doesn't feel right to stencil someone else's work.


And yesterday's loveliness for Gladys and Erwin begins with the lovely cake. Do you notice the lace pattern? Let me know if you do. We took inspiration from a gift recently. Teehee!

Let me share with you first how vibrant the colors were under the sun and at Fort's sprawling, verdant lawn.

And I love love doing something special at the back pew in churches. The asters, simple, yet so elegant.

 

And of course the reception.

And those flowers popping out from frames, I hope that remains ours. Teehee!

 

 

There goes our month ender! Congratulations to Gladys and Erwin... To days filled with so much color.

 

Ceremony venue:: Sta. Monica church, Sarrat, Ilocos Norte

Reception venue :: Sierra Madre Ballroom, Fort Ilocandja Resort Hotel

Cake and cupcakes :: Ava's Cakes and Events

Floral and Event styling :: Kit and Ace of Ava's Cakes and Events

Music :: Synergy

Coordination :: Gaudette Bautista

Hosts :: Did Juan and Krisburt Ballesteros

 

No comments:

Post a Comment