Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

Love is in the air :: Nessa + Gil

Lest I forget the lovely experience last night, I am squeezing this post in today's me time slash Woodstock craziness. Or would you want to come to Calgary with me? Oh my! This lovely Love Añover and Betong Sumaya hangover is crazy. Oh Calgary! Seriously.

A few days before we flew to California last year, I got a call for an urgent meeting with someone in Sitio Remedios. It must be how I love Sitio that I did not think twice going or I loved how conversant and intelligent was the person on the other line. So with unpacked bags and all, the mister and I headed to Sitio. We met Gil and Nessa. From the start Nessa knew what wedding she was having. To sum what she wanted, a wedding so classy, meaningful and worth remembering.

When we came back, we had another meeting, again in Sitio. They came from a food sampling lunch at Chef Nick's Bistro and they were just so thoughtful they remembered me raving about Chef Nick's heavenly brazos de Mercedes. They brought me a roll! Oh my goodness Calgary! The roll and the thoughtfulness. At that meeting they blocked us. I nearly dropped from my chair when they handed their business cards. I am still very probinsyanish that way. Gosh, Calgary!

Yesterday came so sweet. And in between our second meeting and yesterday, Nessa decided how loveliness should be executed by sending pegs, a save the date and insights. The craziest email that sent the pressure rocketing was the guest list.
She loves wreaths. I was not so sure how to execute them until she showed an inspiration. Very very nice. So we made three, one for each Sitio chapel facade door. And their cake had edible figurines of them. The lace work was done by the mister on the spot, 3 hours before the wedding reception. Sorry for blowing our own toot again, but the lace was just so delicate and lovely. Oh Calgary!
And if you zoom the photo above, you could more or less recognize one of GMA 7's famous news anchors. A mover actually. How lovely was the uniform rows of white crisp looking linens of Bistro Candon, lush roses and block candles.
Zoom that photo above, again, please. Sigh!
The mister did the carved wooden sign. Those done with love are usually the loveliest.
And every chair had a rose bouquet. How lovely!
 
A bangka filled with refreshments. They even prepared wet towels to cool the guests.
As what I have been musing this morning, the mister and I usually take off after every loveliness. Yesterday would have been a no excuse not go because we were very dead, beat tired but we stayed put. I wouldn't miss the lechon Baka Chef Nick roasted. So deliciously good would certainly be an understatement. To think it was just used for an upgraded version if the shawarma. Oh pita pockets as he called them, oh my Calgary! And I wouldn't miss the graciousness of Chef Nick's wife, the lovely Ms. Gwen who fed us to our hearts content, and insisted to taste their lemonade version spiked with gin. How delicious Calgary!
 
And I'm sure by now, I must have already irritated you with the word Calgary and wondering what in Calgary's name has the wedding got to do. Gil and Nessa had Love and Betong to host their wedding. They were so darn witty and funny, asking guests where did they came from. And one answered Calgary. And from that moment on, it became a one liner for the evening. I remember vividly a guest spelling his surname B-L-ah-S. And Betong goes... So you would do Ah, Bee, Cee, Dee ha! Ha! And Hitler! Oh my Calgary! I must have bored you by now. Sigh!
 
Nessa and Gil, thank you thank you so much for making us a part of your wedding. From your love story, it does not need a lifetime to find someone you'd spend your lifetime with. I am kilig! Congratulations and may the heavens bless your love and be the "ruler" of your marriage.

Venue:: Sitio Remedios, Currimao, Ilocos Norte
Cake and Floral/Event Styling:: Kit and Ace of Ava's Cakes and Events
Photographer:: Nelwin Uy
Host:: Love Añover and Betong Sumaya
Caterer:: Chef Nick Rodriguez of Bistro Candon
Lights and Sounds :: Peppermix
Coordination:: Mara Manuel of Belladita Events
Fireworks :: Kevin Apostol
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment