Pages

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Red Romance:: Erlynne + Rey

When we did Phil and Erika's wedding in San Clemente, CA last year, we squeezed in a meeting with Erlynne and Rey. I remember the salted caramel ice cream we had for dessert. It was so good at times I daydream and torture the mister to bring me back there. Yikes!
 
Time flies so quick, we've already worked on their loveliness. Everything went smoothly and lovely. Though we had a wedding before us at the church, we were still able to finish on time. And though it was crazy to hang the logs and candles, we had to do what we had to do to achieve the loveliness we wanted.
 
Have you ever thought it was easy to work on weddings like how easy a fisherman catches fish or a carpenter builds a house? In all honesty, it is crazy doing anything with a deadline. But I don't mind because somehow I love the pressure that goes with this line of work, and whatever we had to go through seems minute when guests start throwing compliments or when they show the slightest joy with what they see. What I cannot tolerate at times is how hotel manangement can be fickle. We've been doing drapes since I can remember at the Sierra Madre ballroom. To do those heavy drapes, they are stapled at the ballroom's ceiling. How else can we do that other than that way? Elmer's glue? I'm irked and amused at the same time. I can straight face say we've always abided with house rules when working. If we had to do flowers 300 meters away from the venue, we will do that, no problem. Because rules are rules. And so if contracts stipulate the no gun tacker usage policy, heck, I will forego drapes and save us time and effort to do so. I would be insistent to clients we don't do drapes or do their wedding elsewhere where we can do lovely drapes. Why not! Fort Ilocandia is lovely no question, but then it's quite nice to know and relieving that Ilocos Norte have other venues we could hold weddings at which is equally lovely, and we do have now caterers who can parallel their service. I know that I can never ask the world to be fair like how people are supposed to treat clients equally. The reality is that the more powerful and sadly, rich, the clients are, the more concessions they could ask without so much ado. So what I want, is that front runners could at least be fair in treating people with respect and dignity. I am not going to argue with allowed days to ingress and egress anymore, just that. I have so many stories to tell, and there are so much more weddings to do. This road block however will not stop us from doing loveliness. If we can't do anything with the ceiling, then let's do something about the floor. Bring it on!

How about I stop agonizing everyone with my story and let the pictures describe the loveliness for Erlynne and Rey last night?
Venue:: Sierra Madre Ballroom, Fort Ilocandia Resort Hotel
Bridal gown:: Vera Wang
Cake and Floral + Event Styling:: Ava's Cakes and Events
Planning and Coordination:: Mara Manuel of Belladita Events
Photo/Video:: Em Productions
Host:: Stella Gaspar

 

No comments:

Post a Comment