Pages

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Dainty Filipiniana:: Deidre + Bryan

I remember my first meeting with Bryan and Deidre, I was blabbing incessantly about what loveliness we are set to do for their wedding. Then I asked what else do they want to have, to which I was taken a back when they told me they wanted a Filipiniana themed wedding. The idea I was presenting was an opposite of what they wanted, ooops! I didn’t get the memo. So to make amends, Ace and I had to come up with a proposal pronto. Our usual an hour meetings extended to three yet for every detail we were agreeing upon was bringing excitement  even if my sketches were ununderstable. 

I love how everything came together. The ceiling work was a  darling! We had “baki’s” (chicken nesting pens) overflowing with pristine white orchids. The tables had soft pink florals with bricks, capiz, driftwoods. The stage was done very simply with banig and my ornate Made in India carved floral holders. 

And while I was reeling about the loveliness we did, a  friend- one of today’s event coordinator, Nikki Peralta, quips how a friend of hers did ask if am I hands-on in doing these projects. Hands-on would be an understatement because I find my job as an excuse to shop for vases, knick knacks, fabrics, and what nots. And playing with flowers is a crazy addiction I have, I can only wish for a floral market like the one’s they have overseas though. And i’m quite proud of our core team, they’ve mastered the art of knowing how we want things done- tasteful, beautiful arrangements. 





























Venue:: Playa Tropical Resort Hotel 
Cake and Floral Styling:: Ava’s Cakes and Events 
Lights and Sounds:: Music Match 
Brides gown:: Ira Baylon
HMUA:: Christian Espiritu
Bridal Car:: EverAfter by Rey Acojido
Photos:: Mykel Mesina of The Light Painters 
Video:: Gyver Lauricio 
Coordination:: Brandy Howards
Host:: S Acoba 
Caterer:: Joan Kau 

No comments:

Post a Comment