Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

Probinsyana thoughts on going international

I woke up this morning with an email with photos of the wedding venue we shall style in August. It is quite very charming in a quaint, rustic kind of way. It has to be... it wouldn't be called Casa Romantica for nothing. Like every project that we do, I truly find it quite an honor to be considered to be a part of the event. And when we are chosen, along with other suppliers remarkable in their fields, it feels like I am in cloud 9. Sigh!

The bride and the groom are family to us. And if others may smirk that our international projects are often for family and friends, I really don't mind. I still feel honored. It doesn't lessen the feeling that as their pockets could afford for bigger than world suppliers in there, they would still choose to have us. And that gives us more reason to do better, come up with something lovelier. Be at par with the other suppliers. So you can just imagine the pressure that has to us.

 So as I tell Ace about this news, he asks me "are you not worried the least?" I tell him honestly, if I would do it in percentages, its so minute, it is almost negligible. Yay! I have so much faith in us and of the talent the heavens has lent us. I know that what worries him most if the lack of staff. I'm sure we will manage though. Faith, planning and all will get us through. Teehee!

And another that keeps me going, which I rub off to the staff and Ace, are the compliments I receive from the various projects that we do. A too much email went like this, "we are also bakers, and when we visit Laoag City, we plan to drop by and see you and maybe get an autograph from you" - something to that context. Ayayay! That is seriously too much, but still brought me to cloud 9 (again!). Come to think of it, if cloud 9 was real, I could have earned serious mileage by now. 

I find it amusing too, that we shall be trotting the globe again for a wedding. And if it was like the old times, I imagine us, probinsya-ish and all, to be going there with a bayong... and if it was permissible, with a live chicken in it, utong (string beans), tarong (eggplant) ,parya (bitter melon) and tabungaw (bottle gourd). Ha!ha! And of course, how can I forget the tupig my Lola Doc will surely insist on letting us bring.

So yeah, did I say I was in cloud 9? I still am. Your little probinsyana cake artist and event stylist couple are going somewhere lovely in August this year. And from now till then, time to time I shall be talking about my excitement here or at our Facebook page or thru our Instagram account @avascakes... Be sure then that you are with us in this little step of prettifying the world. Much love folks!






2 comments:

  1. i'm not a baker pero when I visit Laoag, pede din ba ako pa autograph? hihi

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too much. =) Do come visit Laoag P... and make sure to holler so I can meet you.

    ReplyDelete