Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

To sports and love!

This month has been a month of firsts for the little one. I guess in a few months, I might not be calling my little one, little one anymore. Sigh!

They had their first Million Volunteer Run by the Red Cross at 4 in the morning. Ava did 3k while Ace did 5k. I thought it would be futile to wake him up at that hour but I guess he had set his mind he was running, not too much prodding was needed. My boys were both finishers. I'm proud. The little one keeps on asking us when is the next run again and that he wants to do 5k with his dad. Yay!





His next sports thingy was joining City Hall Biker's 12th Breaking Away. It's a 30k bike race that had their gun start at 1pm. You can just imagine how long that race is for Ava and how hot would it be.


He was awarded youngest rider and finisher for this race. I'm reminded of our previous trip in Hawaii, he has been buying sports outfits and paraphernalia whenever he was given money. His gloves from Bike factory, clothing from Adidas in Waikele, and the shoes from Nordstrom Rack. He must have felt this calling. Ha!ha! What would I know!


The race route had lots of uphills (which injured some and made others quit) and it passed by at the back of our house. We waited for them to pit stop for water. When we saw them, Ace looked more tired than Ava. Teehee! I told the little one not to go through the mountains anymore with his dad and just take the shortcut. He answered me 'Mom, no cheating. I can do it!' No excuse for that on my part. Again, I say it again... I am quite happy that somewhere along the way we have instilled in him that value and that we finish what we've started.

It's as if our little one is no longer a 7 year old, doing things an adult does, his mind set to what a responsible adult should think of. And on my part, the gruesome part of this is the worry that I get if could he get through the races he has set his mind to. And yeah, the after part, because whenever he finishes one, he asks us if are we happy and proud, and when we affirm that, he asks us to get him something. Ha! Ha! Ace indulges because the stuff that he asks for are always something sports related like visors, new water bottles and so. I'm glad that Jhed Abadilla has on stock sports items which are not too heavy on the pocket.


And aside from sports, he was chosen to represent his class for the Mr. & Ms. Valentine's day affair of his school. When they asked him what is Valentines day, he answered "Valentines day is the time to love more my mommy, daddy, Lola Doc, granny, classmates, teachers and everyone". He was coached by my Lola Doc on that and I find that answer quite age appropriate for a 7year old. Nothing too fancy which he won't understand. Yay! Good job Lola Doc. Teehee!


To sum it up, my heart is filled with pride for my little one. I love you so and even if you're no longer a little one,you will always be my baby love, little one.

- kit m.

No comments:

Post a Comment