Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Ace and I

I've been asked too many times where I met Ace... Was it in UP or when I was taking up Architecture? Ha! Ha! No! No! No! I did not take up architecture, I'm not an architect. He did not go to UP either.

We met at the Capitol tennis courts. When boredom strikes and lots of guts, I took tennis lessons after college. I wanted to be tan... I guess I went overboard... My tan swatch is now close to burnt swatch. Boo! I don't mind though especially when I make him proud every time I play well.

I always say... I hooked up with him so I could have free tennis lessons... I'm going broke paying 100/hr/day. You see, as corny as it sounds, I fell in love. =) awww!

Mother goose didn't like him. Who would? With his baggy pants get up with mega loose shirt and socks and sandal combo? Eeewwww! I'm sure that wasn't mom's reason... She felt I was falling for the wrong guy. She tried different tactics to separate me from him. The last she did was send me to far away land. Her alibi? For me to be employed. Oh you know, I didn't resist for I love the outlet stores. But little did she know, her stubborn little girl was earning her keep so she could run back home to the arms of Ace. Bad bad little me!

I came home, we got married, we had Ava, we had Ava's cakes. Not necessarily in that order. Ha!ha! Go figure! =)

So you're wondering why am I saying this now? For I find it crazy and stupid and I hope I won't be in that situation in the future... To act as match makers for your children. To measure someone based on his roots, finances, skin color and all... Boo! Boo! Boo! When you know you raised your child well fear not, whoever she or he'd fall for, I'm sure that is a good judgment call.

I think I'm becoming incoherent now. Oh well, all I know now is that I am living my own fairy tale, With Grimm brothers part and all. (thank you Gillian for reminding us that!)

I am such a sucker of Love stories... What's yours?




- kit m.

Location:Mr. & Mrs. M's

No comments:

Post a Comment