Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

Sketch and Bake

I am a food technologist. Ace is an architect. When people find out we're armed with those degrees... The reaction is "ahhh no wonder!" I bake, he designs. Not really! We bake, we design, we sometimes deliver. Everything is a partnership.
I believe we complement each other in most if not all aspects. I talk a lot. He doesn't. I'm impatient. He's not. Well you can't say He's artistic and I'm not... For I'm not conceding!




Basically that's how everything starts. I TRY to draw the concept, then he finishes it off with finesse and flair. Why is it that it seems like I'm convincing myself I'm artsy fartsy too! Hahaha Ace knows the little details that goes with my sketches. Thank heavens for that! I know what I like to see but somehow I couldn't translate it in paper... Boo! The consolation though is that the finished product looks great.



Pretty! For Vera Pinera's 18th. We made a cake that would fit their backyard garden. What an understatement... Their home is a winner.




Carlos & Janina Farinas

I know it's not complete. I don't have a photo of it at hand. But I think it's in here. The cake's embroidery is a replica of Janina's wedding gown done by the famed Veluz Puno Reyes.



Jairus & Mavelle Samoy
Yes... I know, that again. =) a little bit of trivia here... That cake was used last November 10, 2011 in San Francisco, USA. Janina & Carlos' was last November 11, 2011 Currimao, Ilocos Norte. Same day, different time zones, different geographical locations. And the brides both wore Veluz gowns aside from both having an Ava's cake. Ain't they fabulous?



Some clients have their own concepts, some bring photos of cakes they'd want. They commissioned us to do that. We did this.




That's the grand opening cake for Poppy & Co. I haven't been there but I heard they've got nice pairs.



Cake for Franco Minglana. Some details we follow, some we don't. We at times see what's best while doing the real cake. Can you spot the difference except for the mushrooms? Tee hee! Nevertheless, these cakes look great. You can see more of our other cakes Here
Now I wonder how many sheets of paper have we used for the different cakes we've done? Forgive us mother earth. Someday we'll develop a paperless system for designing. For now, it's still Sketch and Bake the old school way. I'm definitely owning and loving that term... Sketch and Bake!

Location:Mr. & Mrs. M's

No comments:

Post a Comment