Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

Weddings- design process

We just did an equally fab safari and train, airplanes and hot air balloon last Saturday. Come Monday, a gorgeous Playa tropical wedding. Definitely, Sunday is not a rest day. You could just imagine the tension in the house... Everyone playing their own roles, doing their own props, working on their own thing... And don't forget the baking of the gorgeous cakes.

Yesterdays wedding was lovely. Initially that wasn't the design the couple wanted. Our contract with them was booked a year ago. I learned that the bride is in love with bling and drama. Ooohhh scrap the original plan... Let's do this... No additional charges. What more can you ask for? Ha! Ha!



That's the design sketch for the couple's area. It's cropped, I know... =( translated to this...



I'm in love. I wish you were able to see it up close folks for my photos don't do justice.

You see whenever we do these things, I am in an escalated drama mode. I demand perfection though we're not there yet. My mantra though when the wedding falls below a little on the budget side and yet there are a lot of things I would want to do... Is that we do it in the best, meaning cleanest and elegant-est way... If there is such a thing. Ace as an architect hates mess and incoherence. I do too! I find it tacky and cheap! Boo!

The thing with prettifying events is that when you can't do it all out... Don't push it. Half hearted work isn't going to work for us. My heart weeps. And Ace will hate me...for I won't stop raiding my Lola's house, Vigan, in nooks and corners of the country so we can source the materials we need. Believe me... Not everything you need is in Divisoria... How I wish it was though!

You might also be wondering, where do we get these ideas... Ace has a lot of design books... The reason I agreed for this subscriptions is I get to use them too. I loooovveeee them! I've set aside my Judith McNaughts for them. And travels! Very very contributory. What an excuse to spend. Oh Ace, lets go see this... It's nice to use for this event. Haha what an excuse! And of course, I try... Ace is a natural... To see beauty in the most mundane things.

Haaaayyy, I have to get up now... There are cakes need be baked and the staff waiting for instructions for the next event this week. Oh no... Inventory for yesterday's affair too.

Have a good day folks! For... I will! =p






Location:Mr. & Mrs. M's

No comments:

Post a Comment