Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Aloha land

We've been looking forward for this trip for months. I seriously miss the outlets. And this would be Ace and Ava's 1st of many (i hope) US trips. When Ace and Ava had their visa interview... Before the consul could say something Ava said "thank you for giving us our visa!" Talk about preempt!





His excitement is so contagious. Travel even if it's not your first, still is exciting!


Lay over in Japan. Glad wifi was free everywhere. Downside... Food was so expensive.




I wonder what they were talking about. Hah! Girls or toys?


Our first stop is aloha-land! We just have to visit Ace's parents and relatives...



Ace's Aunts and Uncles, Badette and his parents even prepared a banner for us! Awww! Thanks guys! Hawaiian hospitality at it's best.








My in laws hosted a welcome party for us. When Filipinos do welcome party... Really it is a welcome party with a capital W!


Ace's cousins, nephews and nieces. I always complain in jest that Ace's family is so crazy dami here in Laoag. Imagine his dad has 9 siblings... With some of them having 10 kids too! Ayayay! When we got there, there were still like 50 of them. Wooot!




At Iolani palace.




According to Papa Jess, Iolani palace is the only palace in the United States. =)





Ava and Star goofing at Arizona Memorial. I am still confused isn't that place also Pearl harbor? Need I ask google? =p

Look! They're stepping on the Philippines in American soil. =)








We had Dave & Buster for lunch so the kiddos could play in the arcade.





It was so chilly! I regret being in shorts!



Not even my cellulite could keep me warm. Sigh!




After which we went to this beautiful place... Floradec. It is the most beautiful establishment in Hawaii for me. Arts and crafts at it's best. I will write on what I saw at another time.




Dinner with Auntie Tennie's family at Makino Chaya. They knew I love Jap food so much. I could eat it all day, year round.








To cap off the night, we rode the Aloha bus and cruised Waikiki. Ava super enjoyed the double decker bus. Thank you Mac, Trish, Star, JJ, Badette, Pinky, Yanna and Auntie Ten for touring us around.




It was also Ace's mom's birthday. If only we could have made a pretty cake... We had to be satisfied with Costco's cake.




His shirt says it all.








A quick visit to Ace's grams and gramps! =)





Hawaiian skies... Different! It's so Hawaiian-ish whatever that means...





We had a picnic at China Man's hat. The mound at the upper right portion of this photo is the hat. Kinda crazy! I know!





The area where they shoot Hawaii 5-O and somewhere near behind a huge mountain is where they shoot Jurassic park.





Hawaii's a nature lovers paradise. The beaches, mountains definitely is something. Though we did around the island, I know there are a lot more we could see in aloha land. On our next visit, we wont just stay for 7 days anymore. Longer!

One more thing, when Ace's parents dropped us off at the airport, as they hugged Ace, I saw a tear well on his dad's eyes. It's like the feeling of "my boy is big now". Traveling journeys... Realizing dreams. =)
kit m.

Location:Hawaii, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment