Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

Country chic wedding

I know this happened before the blog's creation. I just couldn't resist. This has to be one of our most memorable weddings this year. Mid of 2011, I got a visit from Sir Raymund of Sitio Remedios. He referred us to a client having a destination wedding in Ilocos. They're from Cebu and now I don't remember from where is the groom.

The doctor who owns Sitio he said, is a little picky on the suppliers they allow to work at Sitio! Ayayay! Elated and honored! So it was just us, Ava's Cakes and La Preciosa Catering Services whom they referred for that wedding.

Come October,on a stormy afternoon, I met Gres and Roxy. They knew exactly what they wanted.

Fast forward to February 9.










Let's get the ball rolling! Teacups, teapots, coffee mugs, crates, birdcages... And I had the excuse of drinking Martinelli's sparking apple cider for the bottle. Yey!







Stathis. What's great with this flower is that it just doesn't wilt! And it's inexpensive. When we use inexpensive materials, we mix them with expensive ones. The contrast is nice. The outcome... A winner!




Almost done working on my materials... I couldn't resist going on line. What's new? As Ace puts it... I'm online 24/7. =) You can catch me more online than at the shop. So please be reminded, if you need us, please email us at inquiries@avascakes.com or text/call at 09175928955 for appointments. =)



My birdcages with beautiful patterned Origami birds. Very very chic!




Get creative with the lowly teapot. =) I think I'm beginning to love yellow more and more. It's not love at first sight, I know! It's more of like wine it gets better with age. Ha! Ha!




The staff of La Preciosa preparing our canvas for the day. Of all the caterers in Ilocos Norte, they for me are the easiest to deal with, no hang ups whatsoever. And the food is abundant, even if your guest list exceeds from expected... No worries! I love how they grew big and yet they still treat their people like family. Most of them started when they were in their younger years and yet they're still with La P. Tita Pam, you must be doing something right! Surely!




Now I'm set to work! Assembling the tablescapes.







Coffee cups I planted with mondo grass. Small pails with palay. I live in the barrio so when I asked my neighbors to help me with the palay, they thought I was nuts! =p




A fishbowl+sunflower, a milk decanter+green mums. Nice nice nice!
Talk about details!




Pretty alstromerias in a vase I thrifted. Who would have known!




Origami cranes perched on handwritten place cards. Very personal! Very! Notice the birds patterns... Love!











Done! Oh you know the clincher pressure builder for me for the day was... I saw a business card of the bride. She works for Rustan's. Oh my... I couldn't do so much now... She is so used of seeing beautiful things.




A week after this arrives.







Thank you so much Gres and Roxy for entrusting us to work on your wedding! May these memories bring a smile to your lips all the time. =)


Location:Sitio Remedios, Currimao, Ilocos Norte

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love your post! :)) You made our wedding day really really really PRETTY. We still get praises until now on how you styled the place. It's exactly what I wanted and exceeded my expectation. We're glad you enjoyed working for our wedding as well.

    And its was Feb 4 :)

    More power to you and Ace!

    Love,
    Gres and Roxy

    ReplyDelete