Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Sweet November

Forgive me for blowing my own toot... I have to do this. =) This cake is extra meaningful for us... It is our first time to do an international delivery and it is for my good friend Mavelle and Jairus' wedding.

This wedding was first slated for May 2010. Though I said yes, it was half hearted. I'm sorry for that Maves. We just moved in to our new home and we weren't financially ready to travel, that is the three of us. Ace gave the go signal that I could go alone but I just couldn't go through it. Chos!

It was providential that the wedding was moved to November of 2011. It gave us more time to work and save. I guess we are blessed, the heavens helped us. =)




Off we go. Three weeks of touring Hawaii, Los Angeles, San Diego, Las Vegas and San Francisco. Snippets of our tours deserves another post. =) I'll do that some other day.

We arrived in chilly SanFo on the 8th at 4 in the afternoon. Ace and I went straight to work, that is to bake 300 cupcakes and the big cake for the 10th. 20 hours including sleep time for everything? Oh my my! We have to finish everything on the 9th by lunch for we are attending the rehearsal dinner, a schedule to the salon. Yay!

We needed all the help we could get. I'm so glad that Mavelle's aunts and sisters were there. Junel- Mave's best friend, our fellow UP-ean, who travelled from the Philippines to SanFo to witness this event also helped.


Junel showing off his cupcake. Thumbs up!




Mavelle's sisters Tonts and Hannah manning their work station.




Her aunts helping put shimmer on the cupcakes. This is almost at 1 in the morning already. Oh my!




Ace doing the lacework. Tonts putting shimmer. Finally it's done. The cake was delivered here.


At this beautiful vineyard. Palms Events Center. I hope I got that right.







Isn't it a beauty?




This is the dessert bar. The cupcakes were displayed here. Speechless! Utterly glam. Fabulous to the nth level.








Guests in line for the sweet treats! =) cupcakes almost gone!




The mister & missus slicing their cake.




Us. The kid knocked down.

Not only was this delivery special for it was our first abroad, but also because of this...


The cake was chosen as 1 of the 11 Best Wedding Cakes of 2011 by WeddingsAtWork alongside with the cakes of Manila's famous cake makers! Sweet! Swell!

Indeed, this was a sweet November. =)

Location:San Francisco, California USA

No comments:

Post a Comment