Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

5000 and counting



I make milestones, be it minute or otherwise, BIG. 

A few days ago, we just hit the 5000 LIKES mark in our Facebook page, Ava's Cakes . And I felt it is just fitting that we say thank you for that with a mini raffle where we gave away a P5000 worth of cake of any design at any time the winner would need. I asked folks to post their reasons why they'd want us to do an Ava's cake or party for them on their next event, lo and behold, the post became crazy.

Believe me for every LIKE we get, for every kind word you shower us, my heart swells. The appreciations you give is far more priceless than the monetary rewards we get from doing your cakes and parties. 

I'm sure those who follow our page would know that my vocabulary is already limited to lovely and loveliness... and at times, I do a self check if does my posts really merit such words. When I hit post, and you guys, hit LIKE... then that's the only way I can justify that in a way, in my eyes, and your eyes, that they are truly lovely. 

I captured some of comments of those who joined the raffle. Truly touched my heart.

Gaudette Santigo-bautista Avas cakes and event styling brings you to another place.. With their exquisite designs you know that their work is done with great love and passion...and also if your working your project with Avas its gonna be a faultproof event surely...Pick me pls 

The last wedding we did with Ms. Gaudette as the coordinator was not a walk in the park. Imagine this scenario, Friday- I sent staff to bring 2 truckloads of wedding paraphernalia at the hotel. Saturday, we we're advised we cannot do flower arrangements at the work area at the hotel's ballroom. We had to bring down all our birdcages, and old wooden logs (which I did weigh, and it averages at about 5kgs per piece) - about 50 of those from the supposed to be work area to the area we were assigned to. Imagine 50-75 meters of walking to and fro, while carrying those heavy logs. I shudder. And I say with that scenario, all I could do is keep my cool and tell the staff that there is no other way than that way. Because, we are not one who would leave anything by chance, or do things halfhearted and if we have to do it the hard way just so we get the loveliness, we want, we would. And if that is great love and passion to what we do, then heck, we really have that. 

Divine Delos Santos i want an AVA cake and party arrangement by the talented team of THE Mr&Ms M because i know that even if the food and my make up "fails", my guests will go home smiling because of the beautiful cake and awesome table centerpiece. no bs.

This remark made me let go of a laugh, because I am sure the family of Ms. Divine will never allow mediocre food to serve to their guests. Teehee! Taking flattery to a higher level. Sigh! But of course, we shall try not to fail you with the beautiful cake and awesome table centerpiece. 

Zaida Balicanta Because you listen to what your clients want and implement every detail the best you can and exceed every expectation there is. I Love the way you make it simple but SASSY!

I always say that the event is basically not ours to begin with. We just try to own it after plans have been drawn. Everything we do must be aligned with what the client envisions their event or cake to look like. There's a difference between making decisions for the clients to making decisions with the client. I prefer the latter. 

Apple Ann Valenciano Ulep-Esteban a genuine ilocano work of art na pang international ang datingan' cake , who wouldn't want to have that? Nakakaproud maging Ilocano dahil sa masterpieces ng ava's cake. Its really a heaven's gift ang mga kamay at ideas ni Mr. & Mrs. M. ang galing!!

I have never found it a disability to be an Ilocano. Quite loving how we amuse those who are in the metro, when they learn that we come from the province. Truly, genuine Ilocano.  

Nnyna Eighrys Nadyns Because you really love what you do and it reflects on your work. Every creation is a masterpiece.From the smallest details to the biggest ,were perfectly and meticulously done. Every creation is purely work of love, love and love!!! 

Katya S. Tarrayo Your cakes are very different from the others. Even if the cakes look simple, it still looks elegant and stunning. It's like you're putting the impression to people that the cakes that you are making, whether simple or not, is the centerpiece of the event. 

Sigh! To think that we picked a winner for this mini raffle... yet the real winner is us, when you folks, took the time to drop a few lines and let us know how you love what we do. Much love folks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment