Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2013

My Dream Team

Almost eight years ago, I still remember vividly how my Mother attended our wedding like I am about to be guillotined. Ha! Ha! Days before the 8th she was already inconsolable, at the church she was crying like a mad man, at the reception she still was. Quite funny to look back now, but I'm sure her feeling of her only daughter getting married to someone she at that time doesn't approve of was understandable. Teehee! At that time she just couldn't see what I saw. I'm sure it wasn't dark all the time. Ha!Ha!

So yeah, we got crazy. I got married at 23 and Ace at 26. In some points of the universe, it was too early to marry at that age, but folks, in this side of the universe... And seriously, if I knew that what my life is now, would be the life I have to live with the Mister, if it was possible to marry him right after college graduation, I would have.

With this here, there and everywhere loveliness everyday, I have a shortlist of suppliers Manila based and Ilocos based which I think would  have made working on our wedding easier and of course lovelier. That is, if our pockets could have had afforded them before. 

1. Bridal gown - a Veluz or Lani Pineda of HIS if it really has to be Ilocos based, but then is she still here? Last I heard she is rocking Switzerland with her gowns.
Bithia gown by Veluz photo by Mimi and Karl
(which I grabbed athttp://veluzreyes.blogspot.com/2013/03/veluz-rtw.html )
The Ms. Veluz is such an amazing gown designer. Beyond words.

2. Bridesmaids gowns - an off the rack Vera Wang, yeah off tangent right there, neither Manila nor Ilocos based.
3. Groom's and groomsmen suit - a HIS barong or a suit.
4. Venue- Fort Ilocandia Resort Hotel (indoor) or Sitio Remedios (outdoor) or Playa Tropical (covered outdoor)

Sitio Remedios

Playa Tropical Resort Hotel

Sierra Madre Ballroom, Fort Ilocandia Resort Hotel

5. Caterer - Chef Nick of Bistro Candon or Tita Pam of La Preciosa
6. Photographer - Metro Photo, Pat Dy/Francis Perez/Caliber King or my favorite lovely redhead, Ferina Albano

My friend's wedding in SanFo taken by Pat Dy
A wedding we styled and the lovely red head covered it.


7. Videographer - Threelogy or Mayad would be really really divine. 
8. Invites - Write Impression, Printsonalities, or a collaboration with Ms. Jules of Printnook
9. Calligrapher - of course, the Fozzybook
10. Event Stylist - even if it will drive everyone nuts, we shall have to do it ourselves
11. Cake - right! even if it will drive everyone nuts, to oblivion, we shall still do it ourselves
12. Music - 3rd Avenue or Audrey Adora of Synergy... I remember though we had Mark Taylan serenading us and our guests, with his violin, all throughout the reception. And Ace insists still that the Tennis Club choir sing at the church.
13. Emcee - it would still be my good friend Mavelle... who impromptu emceed our wedding... a short meeting in the morning, telling me the reception will start with the dinner. I was so adamant telling her if she did that, we'd have all our guests fleeing right after a filled tummy and with just a handful left for the program. But she told me to trust her. And yeah, we did it her way. The guests, stayed with us and I had to force them to go home after the program was over since we were so poor to pay for extra hour at the Sierra Madre Ballroom. Teehee!
14. Church - a small chapel like the one we have here in Vira (which I would insist on a make-over) or Sta. Monica Church in Sarrat.

Sta Monica Church, Sarrat Ilocos Norte

15. Lighting - Music Match or Avalanche would do.
16. MUA - Mara Manuel 
17. Coordination - Christine Ong Te Events (sigh!)
Ms. Christine Ong Te and the other lovelies in action


There goes my dream team. Don't get mad for I got lazy linking everybody to their sites. Google them please?

And let's not be overly sentimental on things like, well it went perfect, why wish for other things or so... believe me, and I am sure, that there are things we would have wanted done differently if the situation permits. The only non negotiable is the mister, it still has to be Ace who shall wait for me at the altar singing With You by Martin Nievera.

And now the time has come to say 
How much I do
How much I love you;
Be beside you through and through
Let every moment
We share together
Be precious moments
That will last the end of time

So take my hands and walk
This road of ups and downs
And wear this ring and hear
My heart sing of love I've found
A million questions
We'll find the answers
I want to spend my life
Just holding you and loving you

With you
I touch the sky
You give me wings so I can fly,
I fly with you
You turn dark skies into blue
I know our love is true
My every morning's not the same 
If I'm not with you.



No comments:

Post a Comment