Pages

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Love on the 8th:: Mylene + Clarence

So what's your wedding theme?
Lovebirds.
And when is this again?
June 8.
Where would it be?
Fort Ilocandia.

My heart skips a beat. I remember ours years ago.

And since we are working on that theme, it was time to bring out my lovely birdcages once more.And of all craziness, I told the bride I want to hang at least 1500 pieces of paper cranes at the ballroom's ceiling. She said yes. When we started folding last March, I regretted suggesting it. It ate up all our free hours, including the house-helps, just to reach that number. And would you believe, when they were done, they've actually mastered it and wanted me to show them other origami pieces. Excuse me! Not in the next few years! Teehee!

I love how it blended all together. Old wood logs, old and new birdcages, white, black, rustic looking ones, paper cranes for the ceiling, everything was cohesive. If I am not mistaken, we used at least 12 different designs of birdcages, at least 40 in total. I'm glad though that I have these lovely weddings as an excuse whenever I become crazy and buy stuff on the spot. The mister would raise his brows as I would nonchalantly tell him, its not for us, for our events. And with that I am sure, he is preparing for my raids to the home stores and thrift shops next month. I'm also sure, that the feeling of having mini heart attacks is mutual for the two of us. Yay!

Lovely tablescape


Perched in a log

My rustic birdcages

Hello little bird!

Centerpieces for the night
 





Cascading tulips, hydrangeas, roses and paper roses









Even the birdcage is lovely edible




Cranes everywhere


Honestly didn't mind working on our anniversary just for this wedding. And next year, as we remember ours, I will remember Mylene and Clarence too. Congratulations, lovebirds!

Venue:: Sierra Madre Ballroom, Fort Ilocandia Resort Hotel
Floral and event styling:: Kit + Ace of Ava's Cakes
Cake:: Ava's Cakes
Music:: Audrey Adora of Synergy
Emcee:: Krisburt Ballesteros and Lhily Juan
Coordinator:: Gaudette Santiago Bautista
Gown:: Amor Albano

No comments:

Post a Comment