Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Home office

I think the main reason why it wasn't that hard to convince Ace to convert our home bodega to our home office is that he is soooo fed up with me, waking him up at night when inspiration strikes and let him work on something within the confines of our room... Where we have a small space, we could call a room office. Ha!ha!

I'm quite pleased on the swiftness we had to undertake this project. A day to move our stuff to my in laws place, for the meantime. Two hours to repaint it from bridal white to a very light shade of gray. Yes, things don't change... I still lean on neutrals. My curtains were my non negotiable for this project. I knew from the start I needed silver ARQ mesh curtains. I just had to. Period.



I didn't want to build cabinets and so... It just takes so much time and stress when carpenters wouldn't be able to translate your vision into reality. And besides, I wanted the office to be a little industrial, yet homey. We used baking shelves/racks for my book shelf, and office table. And what better way to maintain the industrial vibe than to hang them with industrial cables. It really pays when Ace and I were raised with not so much that we know how to make do with what we have.


It wasn't also that hard to finish the space as I have rooms filled with lovely loots I use for weddings and events. And since it will be for long since I'm going to use these stuff... And we'll the possibility of not using it anymore, I might as well. A vintage looking clock to tell time, and a book end from our travels for my precious design books.


The biggest dose of color I allowed myself to have is the Narra writing desk we got from a junkyard. It was meant to hold my colorful art and craft materials. Do you see the carousel on top of it? It's a gift from my mother in law. Whenever I turn on my music, I get to see its prettiness. How intricate it was done. With so much color and the details are just divine. An inspiration for a cake perhaps. Well I feel so loved that she did partake such pretty piece to me. I remember, she wanted to give me jewelry... but I said no. Ill just lost them. So this might be the next best thing... Precious... Closest to her heart. Sigh! I'm blessed.








The mirror came with the writing desk too. And if I remember correctly, the desk and the mirror did just cost for a weeks marketing. I know, what a steal.


The Paris poster to remind me to save up and pray hard that one day, we shall be able to frolic in the city of lights. My tin beer bucket to hide my clutter. Teehee! And of course, photos of us with the little one. Oh and a cute cake server, which I used to hold some of my pretty ribbons.


Our DIY lights. Naked ping pong bulbs, I love. And yeah, my oink timer and egg beater found a home in my home office too.

Now that the office is like 95% done, I was thinking of spending more time in here than in the shop. How ironic, it's as if I spend so much time in the shop. Ha! Ha! So from 20%in the shop, it might just be 5% already. Possibly. Well for discerning ones, I could open our home office for design consultations in here. Yay! And I might be serving tea and cakes for merienda. Isn't that divine?

Would you want to set for an appointment?
kit m.

No comments:

Post a Comment