Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Cakes for March

It's just a matter of perspective.

The benefit of being commissioned to do this cake in a days notice is that... first, we we're able to prove that creativity still flows even in dire times, second, I discovered I could do lacework too.

It would have been easier to do this cake if it wasn't within the same day as that of the lantern, lace and crystal filled cake we had to do for Lendell and Nicole, oh and with their 250minicake souvenirs. But again, how can you say no if the City Mayor's daughter in law comes personally to make arrangements for this cake? So, as cray as it is, we had to do this cake.

Ace did the top and bottom lacework, of course his workmanship, in my opinion, is unquestionable. And since it was taking too long for him to finish one layer, and the clock was ticking, I had to help already. I'm sure it's not only me that when you are trying to rush something, it's as if time is not on your side. How traitorous! So I did the three middle layers lace works, artists discretion. Teehee!




From the feedback we got, somehow, they were pleased and from Facebook and Instagram, it's loveliness was affirmed.

The equally lovely cake for March 2nd was that of Nicole Guillen and Lendell Chua.



The 2nd and 4th layers were lanterns, laced and accented with lots and lots of rhinestones.

After doing these two cakes, I was not yearning to do big ones again for the weekend. I'm glad the next wedding cakes were smaller ones but still pretty!


The flowers are breathtaking. Ace did the big one, and it is very very dainty. I did the smaller ones. Teehee! I always say that when we do flowers, when we want roses, we try to make it look like a rose and never otherwise. Isn't it supposed to be that way teehee? I wish though that we had formal schooling so we'd know the techniques and simpler ways to make them. Believe me, it takes so much time to do sugar flowers.




And this ruffled cake is also a star of its own. Very neat!


kit m.

No comments:

Post a Comment