Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Fly away with me :: Mau + Von





Come again? What's the theme? I asked.


Hot air balloon, ate. 





So here's the wedding where the bride was adamant that it has to be fun and quirky. We made them a cake in lovely pastels, topped with THEM riding in a hot air balloon. Teehee!




Mau's non negotiable for this wedding was that she wanted to get married on the pool of Playa Tropical. At first, everyone was skeptical on how we shall pull it through. The logistics was quite cray. But if you have a bride like Mau, who talks about nuts and bolts and stuff my mind could not even comprehend when it comes to engineering, hands down... she sourced this by herself. Obviously, she got what she wanted.








Surprise of all surprises,  this is my first time to see a bride serenade her groom on her bridal march. She sang. And I am about to shoot myself for not remembering what song was that. Believe me, I got teary eyed. When I looked at the groom, he was holding back his tears too. And Toni, the big boss behind the lovely Playa Tropical Resort, was also wiping her own tears. Teehee!



 We made lace Japanese lanterns, made them look like hot air balloons, which we hanged in the pavilion's ceiling. This was how Playa Tropical's pavilion looked like at dusk.








Someone made a comment that the centerpieces looked like mini gardens which was exactly the idea. Mini gardens with hot air balloons hovering. I love it when folks see the picture we are trying to convey.









Photo above is Toni, Playa Tropical's big boss and Brandy Howards, coordinator for this event. Been working for quite sometime at Playa and so far they have never been but accommodating. This would be the second time I've bumped into Brandy. The LOVE wedding and this. Oh and lest I forget, his alter ego emceed this event too. Teehee! Way to go B!




So that's it... another lovely wedding for the books. 




Congratulations Mau and Von!












No comments:

Post a Comment