Pages

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Silver loving goodness:: Dr. Grace + Dr. Robbie

How do you throw a great party? Just like how the Andres' do. And I am not only talking about what we did that makes it a part lovely but to quote Doctor Grace "filled with love and thought". Yes, true this party was filled with so much love and thought. Every detail meaningful to their lives. 

It is quite ironic that we make a living by doing parties, yet we seldom attend them. This was an exception, we could not decline attending because the gracious doctor's have actually became close to our hearts. And I smile with the thought that I think it was because of the frequent dinner invites we had at Casa Andres. Teehee!

And I don't regret sacrificing a few hours in 4 inch heels because it was darn worth it. The food was impeccable, which I never doubted that the good doctor Robbie would ensure. He is such a good cook that ever since we had the honor to taste his cooking, my taste meter upped a few notches.








The memory corner which doubles as a message area was Ferina Albano's brainchild. The night before this wedding, she messages me and tells me she's dumping a few props which we shall assemble before guests could enter the ballroom. And so she did, and when we only had a few minutes left before guests were arriving, I check what she gave us and did that. You owe me F!



We had good music last night care of a quartet from the UST Philharmonic Orchestra. Lovely guests in lovely gowns. The Andres women wore Amor Albano gowns which were so beautiful. Doc Grace's gown was so lovely, very. And I am not worried if I messed up taking photos because my favorite photographer in this side of the universe, Ferina Albano, was covering it along with Shayne Lauricio. Videos? We leave that to Gyver Lauricio. Byron Tolentino, who is their adopted, and who has already become our friend too, a very artsy interior designer who doubles as their landscape artist, did the church. Yay!

The best part of the evening was having so many people actually enjoying the night. The speeches from people close to their hearts were so witty. Doctor Robbie's singing was adorable. Sigh! And I like the stories they graciously shared about them. I was laughing most of the time. And seriously, I couldn't remember clapping so many times in one event other than last night. It felt like everyone was summa cum laude. And a gross exaggeration of my happiness would be that I would have stood up while clapping. Teehee!






 Again, my World Market globe. My best buy on our most recent trip.


I truly truly love this cake.The silver layer just added the oomph to its classiness. The mister does not fail to amaze me with his piping skills. 
 I love love how the buri hats with lush blooms came out. Proud to say that was my non negotiable for this event. And I just but glad that Doc Grace gave us the permission to do whatever craziness we wanted. Wala na raw magagawa si Doc Robbie. Teehee!






Obviously I enjoyed the night so much, that I do no longer talk about what we did. I will let the photos speak for themselves and maybe hopefully let the gracious guests remind me how lovely the evening was. 

Doc Grace, thank you that we merit the LIKE you said you would hit after we do yours. Doc Robbie, thank you for actually letting us work on your anniversary. I knew from the start you were more difficult to please than Doc Grace... so we just had to go crazier for you last night. 

Much love and looking forward to more dinners at Casa Andres as we perhaps plan your 50th? Oh no! Good luck to the waistline. 


Venue:: Sierra Madre Ballroom, Fort Ilocandia Resort Hotel
Gowns:: Amor Albano
Photographer:: Ferina Albano assisted by Shayne Lauricio and Cesar Lauricio
Videographer:: Gyver Lauricio
Cake:: Ava's Cakes
Floral and Event Styling:: Kit + Ace of Ava's Cakes and Events
Coordination:: May Rabang
Lights and Sounds:: Music Match
Music:: Philippine Philharmonic Orchestra






No comments:

Post a Comment