Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

ZOMBIES at work

Yesterday, we were officially a part of the BRAINS family... That is Bakers and Restaurants Association of Ilocos Norte. When Ace says the word brains, he mimics the plants vs zombies app. It's a little true that zombies feast on us...

We had a zombie experience with one of our clients last summer. I hope after this, I get to get over it. When we work on something, we truly put our hearts into it. An unprecedented incident sadly happened... A change of heart by someone, made a part of their event not so nice. But in all honesty, I believe we did the best we could to salvage the situation and we made it up at the reception. You guys didn't even notice, I'm sure. The simple mistake of cutting the wrong part of a cake upgraded with no charge was so costly... They didn't pay their cake balance as well as the floral and event styling balance. It pains me for I truly believe we did our best and more than what the contract stipulated. Sigh! Zombie experience... Truly!

A friend and fellow BRAINS member had a zombie story to tell too. I'm not delving into details but you see... In as much as we want events to be perfect, we can only achieve perfection from our standpoint. We have to be open with the idea that someone might rain on our parade literally and figuratively, a bad weather or a bitchy someone. Acts of god even.

I am sensitive in the issue of trust in doing cakes and styling. I need inputs from clients, but there is a thin line between, meddling with the design and giving inputs. Why get a stylist, if you are not going to trust them nor let them do their job? I suggest if you are like me... Who has a say on everything... You better do it yourself... So that when worst comes to worst, you are all to blame, or if it comes out lovely all applause comes to you. Clap! Clap! Clap!

Ace and I have a rules in doing a project. Clean. Detailed. Coherent. Every stylist has a style. Rule of thumb, if you like what you see in one, go! But don't expect the stylist to do something the other stylist does. It's really not a question of versatility, but of design philosophies.

Yay! Instead of celebrating our membership, I ranted. Sorry.

Now time to move on. Get over it. =)


- kit m.

No comments:

Post a Comment