Pages

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Fashion party::Andrea's 7th

When I was young, I did play dress up. You know, where they dress you up in matching shoes and bags, in a dainty dress, then they put a tiny little ribbon in your hair. When I was in college, I had a diary where I would write the outfits I wore, making sure the repeat would be two months after. Yay! Then when I got preggo, my golly I got big. Aside from the fact that it was hard to get clothes my size, Ace and I were really tightening the purse strings. And now, my wardrobe staple is so low key laid-back... With the kind of work we have... I know what an excuse.

Well, what's this babbling about... We just did a barbie fashion party and my oh my the kids rose to the occasion. I wish I took my camera with me. Even the little boys were so Ken-ish. The birthday girl even wore a tiara.



I couldn't resist taking a photo of moi.





We tied bows at the ghosts then I polished it with nail polish. Tee hee! Some had brushes. The kids went gaga! I was worried though that they might try them on then wipe it in our linens. Or they might smear it at the ghosts. Glad they behaved.


The fuchsia feathers were so vibrant.








Oh my... Does it show? My love for mirrors these days?


Andrea's cake was tall. It is actually very simple. Well, that is my definition of simple. The second layer had lipsticks, mascaras, eyeliners in gum paste. Why it actually looks like a cityscape.

So this is the 2nd of our 2nd party for the day. I hope little girl truly enjoyed her day. For believe it or not, the party rekindled my childhood, and I might just pick up where I left off. Good luck Ace! Tee hee!

Again, happy birthday Andrea love!

- kit m.

No comments:

Post a Comment