Pages

Sunday, September 2, 2012

All I want for Christmas is... Oopps Birthday




In a few days, I am turning a year older... And I hope wiser. Aside from Christmas, it is the time where it is not tacky to be listing things you want. You become endearing, and you can get away with it.

The list of material things that I want is endless. A blue Goyard bag, a state of the art kitchen- the one that lights up when you open cabinets, out of stainless steel, push button everything! A new camera, preferably the Olympus Pen OMD. A shopping spree from my favorite lifestyle stores and home stores. Yay! Oh the expense of the shopping spree must not come from our conjugal accounts. Ha! Ha! I know that we are traveling next month... But if I were truly to choose where, I'd love to have a European tour. It feels so worldly, cultured. But just the thought of it... I swoon from the expense. And the list goes on.

As I was halfway listing the material things I secretly want but not so secret now, I got this tug in my heart that somehow those wants are nothing compared to what I am blessed with already. A support system incomparable. My Lola Doc and Mom, two power women... Like me. =) Our loyal staff. My ever patient BFF, Meliza. The loves of my life, Ace and Ava. So as it dawned me that even without birthdays, I have been gifted by so much... But if again... I were to ask something more... I'd pray for gifts for the body and soul. Good health to be able to carry on. The temerity to face more creative tasks. And amnesia. Yes amnesia, to forget the pains from people, and the people who have caused me pains. =) Just but human folks, just but human.

Sigh! It's true... That the best gifts are not store bought but literally heaven sent.

This is going to be out of line but I'll write it anyway... Months back, I told Ace that I'm going to make my birthday a spectacle... And he said... Just do what pleases you babe. Yay! Then weeks ago, I told him I want to have games... And he replies, whatever it is just don't include me IN the games! Ha! Ha! =) He knows me too well. I love you baby! =)

- kit m.

No comments:

Post a Comment