Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

A love letter to my one and only

Dearest Ace,

There are endless reasons why I love you...

I remember you asking me out on a date, then you order for one, saying you've just eaten... And all along I thought that was true, but you only had enough money for one...

I remember choosing fish balls over restaurant food believing it is cooler to be eating in the streets showing off our tennis gears...

How bratty I am with the excuse of our age difference...and yet not once even up to know have I heard you complain.

You need not hear me say I'm cold... You put socks on my feet and pull the blanket over me before you doze off.

You let me sleep first so I could, before you snore the night away.

When there's baby eggs in the fish, even if Ive eaten my share, you'd give it to me.

That you need to ask ten times before I give in and yet I need not ask anything from you, you've already relented. Just ask, it's yours for the asking... You'd say.

I remember you exchanging your bike for a watch you'd gift me me on our first year together... Sheepishly telling me, if I want the more expensive one, I'd just get it and you'd pay me the price difference. How unconventional!

And so you thought I love bouquets for valentines... You bought me one but I told you point blank how much does it cost and it's flaws... you never got me one anymore for you know, I'm the only one here who could throw a nice bouquet and yet I charge meanly... Where again you won't be able to afford me. So you shower me with kisses instead.

Again I could go on and on... I love you for these and so much more... For being the man I knew you would, I honestly never did doubt when everyone was.

All I knew is I love you and your arms is where I want to lay at night... Your eyes the first I stare at in the mornings...

We will forever be young in love with each other.

XOXO, Kit






- kit m.

No comments:

Post a Comment