Pages

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Woodsy wedding::Noveh & Louie

This by far is the heaviest wedding we've ever done. Literally. We had super heavy solid logs to use as accents. Well how else can you pull a woodsy wedding without logs? Sigh! I had to pull out some of Ace's workers to help us in the ingress. 20 pcs of log stands for the church, 50 pcs of varying heights and thickness and 18 bundles of twigs for the reception. Plus throw in our other stuff.






While it's true that accent lighting completes the look, I like to do our tablescapes in a way that it is pretty by itself with or without lighting.











With the candles lit, it gets even lovelier. The photos don't do justice. Oh did I say,I did a one man show on the tablescapes? I was left alone with just a helper who'd hand me the materials I need. Seriously, with my colds and cough, I thought I was gonna faint.




Again, I love clean and coherent styling. It is always very tempting to bring out every beautiful piece in our bodega to a wedding, but you just can't. There is always a perfect time, a wedding where it shall shine too. This time, I brought out our bone china candle holders. I was supposed to use it at home, but it was so nice to contrast it with the logs. I lost some though, collateral damage. Guests go crazy with pretty stuff, they feel like everything is a giveaway. Double sigh!












We did a carrot cake in white fondant with twig accents and a paired bird topper. It was just so apt with the theme. Not too much, not too bland. Just right. =)

Noveh and Louie was thanking us for a job well done, but you see... It is always us who should do the thanking. For we get to channel our creativities and we get the chance to make people smile with what we do. I super love it when people start taking photos of everything. For this wedding I saw folks get up from their tables and take photos of themselves at the cake, at the couple's area, at the different angles of the presidential table. =)
This is one rule in our design process now, to encourage people to stand up, move around, mingle and enjoy the whole shebang.

Alrighty, congratulations Noveh and Louie! See you in California? =)

Location:Sierra Madre Ballroom, Fort Ilocandia Resort Hotel

No comments:

Post a Comment