Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

Civil Service Review

When I took my practicum, I knew then that I'm not cut for it. So as graduation day was nearing, I've been deliberating, thinking on what career I'll be taking. I was led to teaching. A food technologist goes into teaching. =) I opened up K+ Tutorials, mainly to assist students who will be taking the UPCAT and ACET. I take pride, K+ was the pioneer in Ilocos Norte. That was 10 years ago. It was good until I became too focused with Ava's Cakes.

But then again, you never shun from your first love. I needed a distraction from the cake making and event styling. I volunteered to do community service as a tutor for employees of the Laoag City Hall who were not civil service eligibility holders. Too blessed, indeed, that I felt that need to do something for the community.

We started with 5, at a makeshift room, a corner of the City Treasurers office. After 4 Civil service exams and reviews, the Mayor took notice. He adapted it as his program now. I guess, our efforts, together with Ninong Diomy Gayban, are bearing fruit.


Very all knowing as my husband, Ace, would put it.



From a handful to many. From a small makeshift room to a conference hall. We now have our own projector and wireless microphones. Though I don't use for I already have a big voice. Ha!ha! I teach Math, Did Juan teaches Language. We need volunteers folks. If interested contact me or Diomy Gayban of the City Treasurers office.

The review is on going until the May2012 exam. It's open for everyone, I think. If not, as long as I'm free or so, we can work something out.

I hope a lot of them pass this time. That's the only renumeration I demand. =)


- kit m.

Location:Laoag City Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment