Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Moroccan cake::Details

How I wish that when we set our sights in doing a cake, it's just a matter of waking up in the morning, going to the cake room and with a little magic, the cake is done. Don't we all wish our work is just that easy?

The Moroccan cake is one of the most tedious cake projects we've ever done. So many colors, so many details.


It has a lot of layering, symmetrical lacework, tiny details that completes the look. It's crazy! The cake is huge, we need to cover a lot of areas. And mind you, we get into arguments on what color comes next, what is best to complement it, without empowering the other layers. It just have to come out perfect!







Sorry for blowing my own horn, but can I say lovely details again? Everything painstakingly done.




As I saw the guests reaction, in awe, i felt like I popped a fast action pain reliever. Goodbye sore-ness! My friend, Janice, said she had goosebumps. Oh my... I didn't know it could elicit such response. When the bride and groom saw it... They were satisfied. You know, we get paid to do these things but the monetary aspect is nothing compared to the satisfaction we get from the couple or the guests. It's incomparable.

Again, whenever we make cakes and it does get a positive response, the next time we do another one... We get challenged, on how to outdo the previous we did. It's hard, mentally draining. But of course, I am so conceited, that we take the challenge head on! Bring it on! The only limit is our imagination.

kit m.

Location:Vigan, Ilocos Sur

No comments:

Post a Comment