Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Ramblings of a cake artist/stylist

I love compliments... I live on them! Somehow we get different ones from super like, lovely, wow, fabulous to overwhelming ones like we made their day, fit for the queen, it's a must have. Seriously this keeps us going, we are everyday challenged to improve our craft, make everything better, lovelier.

I just don't have the heart to say we have lovely cakes nor pretty styling unless clients or you guys say it first. How can it be perfect in my own eyes when not one soul would say so? Seriously! It's not perfect but we try hard to keep it close.



We get inspirations from everything, from everyday objects, places and even from designers in this industry as well. There are just so many things which can inspire a design. Endless. As they say, your imagination is the limit.


And when you get inspired, use it as a benchmark, do something better, something with extra oomph! It's just a big No no for me to copy and do something worst. Boo! I know you might be thinking of freedom with the budget. Again, how can you design in a budget? That is definitely hard, but of course, be creative. There are materials out there you can mismatch with high end ones. It will look nice, believe me. =) I've done it a lot of times, and seldom it is noticed, but when it does, it's just appreciation nothing negative.

You would be surprised not everything we do have overflowing budgets... It's almost suicidal at times but I refuse to succumb to mediocrity just because the budget says so. It is always within bounds and reason. Always!

Whenever someone compares our prices with others, I feel offended. You know you can't compare two jeans just because they are jeans. We are not even talking of cost of materials, but the effort and creativity we put in our projects. Everyone can bake or do flowers, but surely we have different styles, techniques. =) Definitely finished products are different too.

I believe these are art pieces... Not necessarily appreciated by everyone but I'm cool with a select few. =)

June!!! Here we come!


kit m.

No comments:

Post a Comment