Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Imelda Marcos' cake

We've been making cakes for six years already. Had different clients, different tastes, different perspectives, different everything. I guess the only thing they don't differ at is their love to have an Ava's cake for their parties. I am honored. Sigh!

Even then, when people ask me, who do I dream making a cake for? I'd always answer, Imelda Marcos. She is so iconic. That even a cake inspired by her would satisfy me. If you say shoes, Imelda. Arts... Imelda. We like it or not, she is iconic. It's actually a love hate relationship for her. Whatever it is, it doesn't matter for me.

So when the better half of Laoag City's Mayor asked us to do a birthday cake for her, even if it's a short notice order, we had to make time. Even if she didn't order it herself, no problem. Even if I knew it was going to be one of many, I didn't mind. All I knew is that we were going to make a cake for the former first lady.

Ace and I did some research on her things.


The cake topper has to be her. We tried doing a replica of her dress.


A pattern of one of her gowns.

We came up with this.



Photo grabbed from the facebook page of the Provincial Government of Ilocos Norte.

It was overwhelming to do her cake. I was kinda hoping they'd let us deliver her cake so when they did, no qualms... Let's go! See,I'm shallow. =) Our cake inside their mansion. Woot! =)

Definitely one of our most memorable cakes to date. I hope there's more to come. And as I always say, it's not everyday you get to make a cake for her, an icon, and the prettiest first lady ever so far. =)


- kit m.

Location:Batac, Ilocos Norte

No comments:

Post a Comment