Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Honoring Lola Doc and Mama




Four generations. I owe who I am from these two courageous, and industrious women who raised me.

My Lola Doc would time and again tell her story on how she grew up. Orphaned at a young age. How she went to school with just one pair of shoes during her elementary years and another for her high school years. How she got married at an early age, how she raised five children. How she continued pursuing her dreams. How she did sacrifices. She is kind, she is self less, she is brave, she is humble, she is inspiring, she is all that and more. I could go on and on.




She may not be as strong as before, her wit and intelligence still is as sharp. She is our defender, our number one fan, the Lola of my life.




My mama. I'd say braveness, compassion, selflessness, courageousness runs in the blood line. She raised me alone. She was mama and papa in one. I was not born with a silver spoon, but mama did a good job in providing for my needs. It melts my heart every time I think of the sacrifices she has done to raise me comfortably.




Now that I am a mother myself, I can only wish half of what they are. Big shoes to fill, but again, it must be in the bloodline, I can't stop trying.

So you see, my career is not just as an event stylist nor a cake artist, I am foremost a mommy to Ava. The love I see in Ava's eyes is nothing compared to what else has the world to offer. And as I try to be the best mom I can, I'm glad that I still have my Lola Doc and Mama to teach me the ropes, and fill the gaps that I certainly oversee.

For me, bearing a child does not define you as a mother. How we rear and raise a child, how we continue to support and love a child is. Most tiring, yet the most fulfilling. Nothing compares. Nothing.

Happy mother's day folks!


kit m.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's day manang! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marianne! Darn... Whenever someone greets me Happy mothers day..l I stop and ponder if do I need to reply Happy Mothers day too or just Thank you! Hahaha

      Delete